Maple Glazed Creme Brulee
- Mixing Bowl
- 13x9x2 Banking Pan
- Medium Baking Dish or Small Ramekins
- 8 med. egg yolks
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c. ALAGA Cane Syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. whipping cream
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. ALAGA Butter Maple Syrup
- 2 T. clear rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk yolks, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Add the ALAGA Cane Syrup and whisk until blended.
- Gradually whisk the cream into the mixture.
- Pour mixture into medium sized baking dish or small ramekins.
- Arrange the dish in the middle of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Pour hot water in the pan.
- Water should rise about midway up the sides of the dish.
- Bake until custard is set (approximately 35-40 minutes).
- Remove the dish from the pan and after the water has cooled, remove the pan from the oven.
- Allow dessert to cool.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Chill for approximately 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat cream to boil and immediately reduce heat to simmer.
- Slowly stir in the sugar and ALAGA Butter Maple Syrup and simmer for approximately 1 minute.
- Stir in the rum.
- Before serving, preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on dessert.
- Broil until sugar starts to caramelize.
- Allow sugar to cool and harden.
- Drizzle sauce over individual servings of creme brulee.