ALAGA Southern Pecan Pie
- Mixing Bowl
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. ALAGA Cane Syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c. pecan halves
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add salt, ALAGA Cane Syrup, eggs and vanilla, beating well until mixed throughout.
- Sprinkle the pecans on the bottom of the pie shell.
- Pour the filling over the pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes longer.
Can this pecan pie be frozen?
The temperature for this recipe is way too high. My pie is burnt. My Mom said the temperature should have been 300 degrees.