Baked Vidalia Onion Dip
- 2 T. butter
- 3 lg. Vidalia onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 (8-oz.) can sliced water chestnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. ALAGA Hot Sauce
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute' for 10 minutes or until tender.
- In a bowl, stir together the Swiss cheese and the remaining ingredients.
- Add the onions, blending well.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with potato chips, tortilla chips or crackers.