Homemade Flakey Buttermilk Biscuits, ready to eat with your favorite ALAGA Syrup.
- 8 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. baking powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 8 tsp. sugar (optional)
- 1 c. shortening (solid)
- any ALAGA Syrup product
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Cut in shortening using a pastry blender, or the old-fashioned way using two table knives.
- It should look like a course meal.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Then simply mix 1 cup of the mix with 1/3 cup of milk.
- Shape the biscuits and bake for 12-15 minutes.