Candied yams, sweet potatoes cooked with ALAGA Cane Syrup, cinnamon, butter, nutmeg and vanilla cooked in a black ceramic dish, providing exquisite flavor.
- Large Skillet
- 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c. ALAGA Cane Syrup
- 6 T. margarine
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Peel yams.
- Cut into quarters lengthwise and put into large skillet.
- Fill up with water just above yams.
- Cook for 25 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour off water and add margarine, ALAGA Cane Syrup and spices.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes and serve.