Cheesy Tomato Pie
A summer favorite using your favorite tomatoe’s in this marvelousrecipe. ALAGA Hot Sauce adds the perfecttaste mixed with spices and cheese baked till bubbly and golden brown.
- 1/2 (15-oz.) pkg. refrigerated pie crust
- 1 sm. red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. chopped fresh basil
- 4 lg. eggs
- 1 c. half and half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- (8-oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp. ALAGA Hot Sauce
- 1/3 c. shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes (1/4" thick slices)
- Fit the pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish tart pan.
- Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust with a fork.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Saute' the bell pepper, onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the basil.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper and ALAGA Hot Sauce in a large bowl.
- Stir in the sauteed vegetables and cheeses.
- Pour into the pie crust and top with the tomato slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until set, shielding the edges with strips of aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.