Garlic Cheese Grits
- Large Saucepan
- 2 Quart Baking Dish
- 4 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 c. grits (uncooked)
- 1 (12 oz.) sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. ALAGA Hot Sauce
- 3 lg. eggs (lightly beaten)
- paprika (optional)
- Bring the water, salt and garlic to a boil in a large saucepan, and gradually stir in the grits.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the cheddar cheese and the next 4 ingredients, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, and pour into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until set.