Mama’s Baked Beans
- 3 Quart Casserole Dish
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 med. chopped onion
- 1 med. chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (32 oz.) cans pork-n-beans
- 1/3 c. Alaga Cane Syrup
- 2 bottles chili sauce
- Fry the bacon until crisp and set aside.
- Fry together , the ground beef, onion, pepper and garlic until meat is cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Drain the beans in a colander and add them to the meat mixture.
- Add the ALAGA Cane Syrup, chili sauce and crumbled bacon.
- Mix well and put into a 3 quart oven safe casserole dish and top with 4 slices of raw bacon.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degree for 1 hour and 15 minutes.