Mama’s Sweet Potato Casserole
Best Casserole with that sweet taste of ALAGA Cane Syrup!!!
- 1 Medium Saucepan
- 1 9×13 Casserole Dish
- 4 lg. sweet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 1 lg. can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 c. pecan pieces
- 3/4 c. ALAGA Cane Syrup
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice sweet potatoes.
- In a lightly greased 9×13 casserole dish, layer half of sweet potatoes, pineapple and pecans.
- Repeat layers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ALAGA Cane Syrup, sugars, butter, ground cinnamon, ground allspice and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat on stovetop, stirring constantly – approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour over layered sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and increase oven temp to 400 degrees.
- Top layered sweet potatoes with marshmallows.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until marshmallows are lightly browned.