Freshly baked oatmeal cookies. Substitute cranberries for a different soft and chewy, delicious flavor.
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 1 c. ALAGA Cane Syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 c. sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 1/2 c. chopped nuts
- 1 c. seedless raisins
- Cream the shortening and add the beaten egg and ALAGA Cane Syrup. Mix well.
- Soft together the flour, salt, baking powder and add alternately with the milk to the first mixture.
- Add the oatmeal, nuts and raisins. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Yields: 5 dozen cookies