Home-made Peanut Brittle is delightful sweetness for any occasion.
- Large Saucepan
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. Alaga Cane Syrup
- 1/2 c. water
- 2. c. raw peanuts
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix the sugar, ALAGA Can Syrup and water, and cook 10 minutes until threads hair when dropped from a spoon.
- Add peanuts and cook 10 minutes until it turns golden and threads hair heavily.
- Add soda, butter and vanilla.
- Mix well and pour into a greased pan.
- When cooled, stretch into a thin layer.
- When cooled, break into pieces and store.