One of our favorite's made with the sweetest baked tomatoes.
- 4 lg. tomatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 10 fresh basil leaves (chipped)
- 3/4 c. chopped green onion
- 1 c. grated, sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1 9 inch deep dish, baked pie shell
- 1 T. ALAGA Hot Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced tomatoes in a colander in sink in one layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and let drain 10 minutes.
- Then pat tomatoes with a paper towel to absorb the remaining moisture.
- Layer the tomato slices, basil and onion in pie shell.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the grated cheeses, mayonnaise and ALAGA Hot Sauce.
- Spread this mixture on top of tomatoes.
- Garnish the top with more basil and green onion.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve warm.