Zingy Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
Zingy sweet homemade bread pudding dessert topped with a Bourbon Sauce flavored with our ALAGA Cane Syrup.
- Electric mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Double Boiler
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 5/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 c. unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 c. milk
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 5 c. stale French Bread (cubed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 c. ALAGA Cane Syrup
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon, beat until well blended.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and milk until the butter melts (do not boil).
- In a large bowl, mix raisins, pecans and bread cubes.
- Combine the milk and egg mixtures.
- Pour over the bread and allow it to soak for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease individual ramekins or a large loaf pan.
- Spoon mixture into the baking container.
- Place in oven.
- Immediately reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase heat to 425 degrees and bake for 15 minutes more, until nicely browned.
- Serve warm with bourbon sauce, or the sauce of your choice.
- Combine eggs, confectioner's sugar and ALAGA Cane Syrup.
- Melt butter in a double boiler.
- Whisk in egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar has melted and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Allow to cool; add bourbon.
- Serve over bread pudding.